Our first Second Harvest Guest Chef Night is scheduled for August 29th. Details are below – please copy and share this information with your colleagues and friends, tickets are on sale now: http://bit.ly/17W757B
**If you, your organization, or anyone you know may be interested in being a guest chef, please contact me directly.
Future dates are below….
- Thursday, September 19, 2013, Chef TBD
- Thursday, October 24, 2013, Chef TBD
- Thursday, November 21, 2013, Chef TBD
- Thursday, December 19, 2013, Chef TBD
1. The Chef provides:
- Their volunteered time and expertise, mentorship opportunity for our students
- The Protein for 100 guests
- Any special ingredients needed that we wouldn’t normally have in our kitchen (spices, herbs, alcohol, etc.)
- Additional kitchen staff if needed
- Any additional equipment not available at Second Harvest (i.e. wok, cast iron pan)
- A menu at least three weeks in advance.
2. Second Harvest provides:
- All other common ingredients to assist in preparation of each course (i.e. produce, herbs, condiments, flours, eggs, dairy [with the exception of specialty cheeses or specialty ingredients we may not ordinarily purchase]) Note: Guest chef to provide a food list to Second Harvest at least three weeks in advance.
- Full use of the kitchen, including equipment, plates, flatware, stemware
- Students to assist with prep
- Marketing to local media: Press release, Print ad, and PDF flyer to distribute
- Online ticket sales
3. Events act as a general fundraiser for Second Harvest – funds raised to be distributed where needed within the organization
Dawn M. Viola
Executive Chef, Community Kitchen Director
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
411 Mercy Drive
Orlando, FL 32805