The American Culinary Federation’s Central Florida Chapter is excited to host the ACF Culinary Arts Competition again for the 23rd year in a row. This competition takes place during the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Show held on September 15th & 16th, 2019 at the Orange County Convention Center. (2019 FRLA Show website) This year, we have some exciting competition category favorites. These competitions feature a variety of flavors, aromas and visual presentations at the show. It will be a showcase of good food, friendly competition, and themed fun.
The Culinary Competitions are:
- Wedding Cake (C-4) *
- Centerpiece- Chocolate, Cooked Sugar, Pastillage and Marzipan (D-4) *
- Duck Signature Recipe Competition (KC) *
- Pork Signature Recipe Competition (KC) *
- “2019 Florida ProStart Best Grilled Cheese”
- Scott Joseph’s “Next Big Thing” Sous Chef Competition
* These competitions are ACF Approved but are open to all interested chefs.
For the Tasting Arena, competitors will vie for two awards. One will be “People’s Choice”, judged by the FRLA Show attendees who purchase tickets to enter the Tasting Arena to sample and vote for their favorite flavors of the day. The “Judge’s Choice” award will be earned from a panel of local executive chefs and celebrities.
The ACF CFC Culinary Arts Competition Committee has announced the theme for the Florida Pastry Challenge competition: Pirates.
Sunday, September 15th
- Duck Signature Recipe
- Chocolate & Sugar Centerpiece with Pastillage and Marzipan
- Scott Joseph’s “Next Big Thing” Sous Chef Competition (Tasting Arena)
Monday, September 16th
- Pork Signature Recipe
- Wedding Cake
- State of Florida ProStart “Best Grilled Cheese” (Tasting Arena)
For more information please contact: email@example.com