An Organization for Culinary Professionals & Enthusiasts
Welcome to the ACF Central Florida Chapter – where members of the culinary arts come together, learn more about their craft, and inspire a passion for food.
The American Culinary Federation was created for one basic reason: to promote a professional image of the American chef worldwide, through education of culinarians at all levels — from enthusiasts, to apprentices, to the accomplished Certified Master Chefs of the culinary arts.
The American Culinary Federation, Inc., established in 1929, is the premier professional organization for culinarians in North America with more than 20,000 members. The Central Florida Chapter is one of 225 ACF chapters located nationwide.
The ACF is the culinary leader in offering educational resources, training, apprenticeship and programmatic accreditation. In addition, the ACF operates the most comprehensive certification program for chefs in the US.
The ACF Culinary Team USA is the official representative team for the United States in major international culinary competitions. In 1989, The ACF’s Education Foundation created an outreach program – the Chef & Child Foundation – to build a healthier future by promoting proper nutrition in children to combat childhood obesity.
Join today. This is where the best chefs and cooks in the area meet to share ideas and information about the industry we are proud to be a part of. The ACF Central Florida Chapter is the organization for enthusiastic culinarians!
- Membership - We are the chapter in the heart of it all. Orlando’s culinary opportunities attract tremendous talent and some of these people are members of our chapter. Four of our members have been ACF National Chefs of the Year.
- Volunteerism - We are the chapter in the heart of it all. Orlando’s culinary opportunities attract tremendous talent and some of these people are members of our chapter. Four of our members have been ACF National Chefs of the Year.
- Competitions - We created and run the ACF Culinary Competition at the annual FRLA Show. This event has been one of the largest culinary competitions in the US for the past 20 years, attracting chefs from all over the world to come compete.
Chapter Membership has Many Benefits…
- Networking - Expand your connections with national and local renowned chefs and top industry professionals. With over 225 chapters, the ACF is one of the largest and most prestigious chefs' organizations in America. Membership also gets you globally connected into the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) - over 8 million chefs throughout 92 countries.
- Information - Through our chapter website (acfcfc.com) and the national website (acfchefs.org), you have instant access to everything you need to know about the ACF: training materials, career center for job seekers, vendor resource guide, event calendars, and much more. The latest industry news and trends are featured in our award-winning monthly publication - The National Culinary Review.
- Certifications - Propel your career higher by maintaining your competitive edge. ACF Certifications for chefs, pastry chefs and culinarians can set you apart from having a job to having a career.
- Conferences & Workshops - Take every opportunity to attend regional conferences and national conventions. Learn from leaders excited to showcase their knowledge through national, regional, and local seminars, workshops and symposiums.
- Education - The ACF provides opportunities for those seeking valuable experience through Apprenticeship programs, educational grants, certification courses, and more - including ACCESS ACF High School Certification.
- Competitions - Challenge yourself and raise the standard of your culinary skills through local, national, and international culinary competitions. The International Culinary Olympics are held every four years in Germany.
- Big Savings - Members enjoy discounts on certification and practical testing fees, conference registration fees, and products through the ACF online store. More discounts - like discounted hotel, airline and car rental rates - are also available within the Members Advantage Program.