To nominate a fellow member for one of the elected positions, please click the button above to download the Nomination Form. Nominees MUST have been an ACF/CFC member in good standing for a minimum of one full year. All nominations are due Saturday, November 30th, 2019. Nomination forms will not be accepted after 5 PM on November 30th, 2019.
NOTE: No person shall be nominated unless that person:
- is certified by the recording secretary to have been an active member in good standing for no less than one year,
- is present at the time of nomination,
- or has indicated to the Elections Committee their willingness to accept the nomination (for a 2-year term).
- October – Nomination period opens during the October monthly chapter general meeting.
- November – Current nominees for each elected position will briefly present their platform for office during the November monthly chapter general meeting.
- December – Two-week voting window commences.
- January – Election results will be announced and new board members sworn in during the annual President’s Awards Gala.
Duties of Chapter Elected Officers
The President shall:
- Have supervising powers over the affairs of the association to ensure that its rules are rigidly enforced.
- Preside over meetings of the association and appoint all standing and special committees. The president is an ex-official member of all committees, with the exception of the Audit and Finance, Chef of the Year, Election Committees, and Ethics Committees.
- Sign all documents necessary to the transaction of business of this association and represent this association in all of its official acts.
- While occupying the chair, cast the deciding vote in the case of a tie, and participate in debates by temporarily assigning the chair to the highest-ranking officer present, and may not re-assume the chair until the vote on the debated action on the floor has been taken.
- Maintain decorum at meetings and adjourn meetings in the case of uncontrollable disturbances and/or eject any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly.
- Appoint Active Voting members to positions as Directors or Committee Chairpersons.
- Represent this association as the Voting Delegate to all ACF Conventions, SE Regional Conferences, and required meetings. Approved expenses associated with the cost of attending these events shall be prepaid by this association.
- Perform such other duties as are incident to the office, or designed by the Board of Directors.
The Vice President shall:
- Ascend to the office of President for the remainder of term should a vacancy occur caused by death, resignation or removal of office.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the President during any temporary absence or inability to act.
- Develop a working knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the office of President of this association.
- Attend all ACF Conventions, SE Regional Conferences, and other required meetings as a non-voting delegate. Approved expenses associated with the cost of attending these events shall be prepaid by this association.
- Perform such other duties as may be directed or designated by the President or Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall:
- Collect all monies due to the association, and countersign and disburse general funds by check or order signed by the President, under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Hold in trust all securities, investments, and other funds belonging to this association and shall transfer, exchange or deposit the same or any part thereof when required by the association to do so.
- Maintain a full and correct accounting of all monies received, expended, and/or invested.
- On a monthly basis, present an oral overview of this association’s general financial activity and standing, for the period of time which has transpired since the previous month’s meeting and/or report.
- Produce and make available for viewing by the Board of Directors a written report of all receipts and expenditures with a detailed statement of funds and investments, at each Board Meeting upon written request.
- Prepare and submit to the Board of Directors, an Annual Fiscal Report by November 1st of each year.
- On an annual basis, a committee of two (2) members of the Board of Directors, and one (1) voting general chapter member, will audit all chapter financial records, provided by the Treasurer.
The Secretary shall:
- Be the custodian of the Corporate Seal and all official documents of this association.
- Attend all General, Board of Directors, and Special Meetings of this association, and keep accurate minutes of all proceedings in a fair and impartial manner.
- Furnish committees or officers of this association with documents necessary to the performance of their duties, and will maintain a directory listing all existing committees and their members.
- Issue, sign, or attest to, when required by this association or its By-laws, all drafts, reports, and other official documents and shall file all said documents.
- Maintain the chapter’s Operations Manual(s), properly record amendments to the included documents, and shall have this manual available at each General and Board of Directors meeting.
- Conducts the general correspondence of the association, which is not a function of other offices or committees.
- Welcome members, invited guests, new members, and/or potential new members to ACF-CFC meetings.
- Be responsible for members and guests signing all attendance registers and/or appropriate sign-in sheet(s) at the meetings of this association.
- Maintain order and decorum during meetings, and expel and escort any person(s) from meeting when requested by the chairperson of said meetings because of: a. Improper and unprofessional behavior which interrupts the business of the meeting.
- Illegal attendance at the meeting by persons other than those approved.
- Act as messenger of written and oral communication(s) between all members and/or the Board of Directors during the meetings of this association.