The ACF is a federation of non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian culinary associations of professional chefs, cooks and bakers engaged in the planning, preparation, service and supervision of foods, pastries and beverage, in commercial kitchens, hotels, clubs, restaurants, institutions, schools, as well as serving as culinary research and development consultants, experimental chefs, food directors and culinary educators. There shall be no discrimination regarding race, color, sex, religion, politics, age or national origin.
The true impact of ACF membership comes from your participation with the local chapter. Meetings and events can be your springboard to new professional horizons.
Levels of Membership
A Culinarian with a minimum of three years full-time employment in the culinary profession.
A Culinarian is an individual not involved in the management or supervision of staff, with a minimum of 6 months full time employment. A Culinarian should be pursuing on-the-job training and experience necessary to advance to the membership level of Professional Culinarian. A culinarian membership is subject to a limit of five years.
A Student Culinarian is a student or apprentice with less than two years full-time employment, a student enrolled in an accredited postsecondary culinary education program, or a registered apprentice as defined by the ACF apprenticeship training program. A student membership is subject to a limit of four years.
A Junior Culinarian is a high-school student between 16 and 18 years of age who is enrolled in a vocational program.
An Associate Member is a representative of a group, company or corporation providing products or services to the culinary profession.
An Allied Member is an individual employed in a field related to the culinary profession (such as dietitians, nutritionists, and restaurant managers or owners).
A Culinary Enthusiast Member is an individual that is not employed in a culinary field, but has a passion for the culinary arts. Individuals who enjoy cooking, baking, dining at independent restaurants, or who may have their favorite chef on speed dial should join as an Enthusiast.
A Property Membership is an affordable option for companies who wish to enroll their employees. A minimum of 6 chefs must be enrolled to receive a discount. Each employee may join a local chapter or ACF National Chapter. For more information on this type of membership, click here: https://www.acfchefs.org/ACFSource/Membership/Property.aspx
ACF offers military personnel the benefits of a membership at a reduced price. For more information on this membership category, please click here: https://www.acfchefs.org/ACF/Membership/MilitaryMembership/ACF/Membership/Military/
Just a Few More Benefits of ACF Membership…
- Largest and most prestigious chefs’ organization in America
- 80 years of leadership in the professional food service industry
- Professional networking at local, regional, national, and international levels
- Monthly, national, cutting-edge publication; The National Culinary Review, (NCR)
- Monthly, national, ACF newsletter; Center of the Plate, included inside the pages of the NCR
- Opportunity to attend Regional Conferences and National Conventions
- National, regional, and local seminars, workshops, and symposiums
- Earned Professional Chef/Pastry Chef or Culinarian/ Pastry Culinarian Certifications
- ACF Web Site (www.acfchefs.org); all you need to know about the ACF on the Internet
- Internet JobBank; service for members to post their resumes, review resumes for new employees, or look for a new job; chef jobs are posted for free as a service to our members
- Vendor Resource Guide, a virtual trade show on the ACF Web site
- Local, national, and international culinary competitions
- International Culinary Olympics held every four (4) years in Germany
- Automatic membership in the World Association of Cooks Societies (WACS)
- National and Local Awards and Honors
- American Academy of Chefs, ACF Honor Society
- Voice of helping to feed hungry children; ACF Chef & Child Foundation
- High School Certification; ACCESS ACF
- Programmatic Accreditation for colleges and universities
- Subsidized Chef-TRAC Program; chapter certification courses
- Member Services Center; centralized Member Call Center via a toll free number
- Educational Grants for professional chef members
- Complimentary Term Life Insurance Program
- Horizons 2000 Video Lending Library
- Discounted Alamo Rental Car Rates
- Apprenticeship Program
For more detailed information on all membership benefits, please visit the ACF National website or call (904) 824-4468.