It’s that time of year – time to show your skills at our annual Culinary Arts Competition.
The American Culinary Federation’s Central Florida Chapter is excited to host the ACF Culinary Arts Competition again for the 23rd year in a row. This competition takes place during the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Show held on September 15th & 16th, 2019 at the Orange County Convention Center. (2019 FRLA Show website) This year, we have some exciting competition category favorites. These competitions feature a variety of flavors, aromas and visual presentations at the show. It will be a showcase of good food, friendly competition, and themed fun.
The 2019 Culinary Competitions are:
- Wedding Cake (C-4) *
- Centerpiece- Chocolate, Cooked Sugar, Pastillage and Marzipan (D-4) *
- Duck Signature Recipe Competition (KC) *
- Pork Signature Recipe Competition (KC) *
- “2019 Florida ProStart Best Grilled Cheese”
- Scott Joseph’s “Next Big Thing” Sous Chef Competition
* These competitions are ACF Approved but are open to all interested chefs.
The ACF CFC Culinary Arts Competition Committee has announced the theme for the Florida Pastry Challenge competition: Pirates.
Sunday, September 15th
- Duck Signature Recipe
- Chocolate & Sugar Centerpiece with Pastillage and Marzipan
- Scott Joseph’s “Next Big Thing” Sous Chef Competition (Tasting Arena)
Monday, September 16th
- Pork Signature Recipe
- Wedding Cake
- State of Florida ProStart “Best Grilled Cheese” (Tasting Arena)
To Register to Compete in the ACF Approved Competition Categories: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-acf-culinary-arts-competition-registration-62899701701
To Register to Compete in the Sous Chef Competition: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/compete-in-the-2019-scott-josephs-next-big-thing-sous-chef-culinary-competition-tickets-62899640518
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get your skills sharp and see you at the show!
Chapter Marketing Director & Website Manager
ACF Central Florida Chapter