Greetings Chefs, Culinarians, and Colleagues!
I hope that everyone is having a phenomenal new year so far! The new officers for the 2012-2013 were sworn in during the President’s Gala held at the Villas of Grand Cypress. Please congratulate them:
• 1st Vice President – Joe Alfano, CEC
• 2nd Vice President – Russell Scott, CMC, WGMC
• Treasurer – Roger Newell, CEC, CCE, CCA
• Recording Secretary – Mabel Prado
• Corresponding Secretary – Richard Cote, CEC
• Sargeant- At-Arms – Nick Barrington, CEC
• Chairmain of the Board – Bryan Frick, CEC, AAC
Also at the President’s Gala, awards were presented for their outstanding contributions to the ACF Central Florida Chapter and to the community:
• Vendor of the Year-Harvill’s Produce
• President Michael Ty “Cutting Edge Award” – Desmond D’Souza, CEC
• President’s Awards-Roy Briggs & Wendy Lopez, CC
• Achievement in Culinary Excellence-Ed Colleran
• Chapter Chef of the Year-Andreas Proisl, CEPC
A huge congratulation goes out to Chef Richard Cote, CEC for being named the Southeast Region Herman Rusch award winner. Well deserved, and we wish him the best of luck.
As a reminder, the Southeast Regional Conference will take place February 20th-22nd in Winston-Salem, NC at the Marriott Twin City Quarter. Register early for best conference and hotel rates.
I would like to give a warm welcome to our newest members in the Chapter: Kristi Bagley, Justin Conant, Craig Rapp, Darren Molnar, Robert Wallace, Jeff Mones, and the team from Marriott World Center: Lezafer Jean, Jerry Moynihan, James Routhier, and Allan Tavares.
As I take on my second term as Chapter President, we must continue to be prudent with chapter finances and decisions so we can have a secure future while providing assistance to members in need and to diverse groups in our community.
In closing, I want to thank you for your confidence in me to be your Chapter President again for the next two years and for your continued support. I am very excited for the opportunities that lie ahead for us.
I’m looking forward to seeing all of you to our first meeting of the year on Monday, February 6th at the Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa, Veranda Room, located behind the Smokehouse Restaurant.
Nora Galdiano, CEC